Pillow Sham Patterns
An Easy Bedroom Makeover
Renew your bedroom with these pillow sham patterns. I wanted to treat myself to a luxury bedding set. After seeing the prices I decided to make my own for a fraction of the cost.
I found a sale on cotton sheets. I paired it up with satin pillowcases and two pillow shams. Then I made two throws and filled them with memory foam pillow inserts for extra comfort. These are definitely the best pillows I've ever had.
I got so excited that I even made a comforter. I love the colors and the soft cotton fabrics. With these simple ideas, I did a room makeover and only spent a few bucks.
Here's the tutorial for making the pillow shams if you wanna give it a try.
(for two pillow sham patterns)
- 2 yds. of fabric 45 in. wide
- Matching thread
How to Make the Shams
- Cut two rectangles of each:
- 22 1/2 in. x 31 1/2 in.
- 22 1/2 in. x 24 1/2 in.
- 22 1/2 in. x 14 in.
- Hem one of the small edges on each of the smaller rectangles. Fold 1/2 in. first and then 1 in.
- Place the largest rectangle with the right side of fabric towards the top on a flat surface. Put the medium rectangle on top with the right side downwards.
The hemmed side should be towards the middle and the unfinished one aligned with the larger rectangle.
- Put the smallest rectangle on top and align it to the other side.
- Sew the edge leaving a 3/8 in. seam allowance. Clip the corners and turn inside out.
- Draw a rectangle with tailor's chalk 2 in. from the edge and topstitch.
|No spam, no e-mail sharing, easily unsubscribe at any time. Learn more...