Dog bed sewing patterns. Every dog needs a special place to rest. Sew a bed for your little friend and show him how much you love him.
Wanna know the best part? This dog bed is easy to wash so you can always keep it clean!
Let's get started sewing that dog bed before your pup gets his paws all over that your couch.
1. Measure the cushion foam and jot down: width, length, height
2. Cut these dog bed sewing patterns: 1 top piece, 2 bottom pieces
3. Make a hem 1" wide on the edge of your bottom piece's longest side. Fold 1/2" first and then 1". Repeat with the other piece.
4. If you want to add a decoration to your top piece, now is the time to do it.
5. Align the center of the top piece's smaller side with the center of the bottom piece's larger side. (right sides of fabric facing each other). Sew, leaving 1/2" without sewing at the beginning and at the end.
6. Make a small cut on the bottom piece where the stitching ends (this is where the corner of the top fabric is).
7. Turn what's left over from the bottom fabric and align it to the edge of the top fabric. Sew, stopping 1/2" before the edge of the bottom fabric.
8. Make a small cut where you stopped. Turn the bottom fabric again and align it to the edge of the top fabric. Pin together all the way down.
Repeat steps 6, 7 and 8 for all corners. The bottom pieces will overlap.
9. Sew the sides of the dog bed to close. You're done!
Turn the dog bed inside out and put the cushion foam in.
You have a comfy washable dog bed that matches your decoration! Try making a leash and collar set.